The youth ‘Table de Concertation’ consists of a group of individuals who work with young people between the ages of 12 to 35 years old in NDG. The members of this group meet in order to consolidate their efforts and to promote initiatives aimed at improving the health and quality of life of youth and their families.
INFO Guide (2010) To download the complete document in pdf. format click here>>
Coordinator : Marie-Charles Boivin Fiduciary Organization : Carrefour jeunesse-emploi NDG
Adresse: Carrefour Jeunesse-Emploi — Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, 6370, Sherbrooke St. West, Montréal, Québec H4B 1M9
Telephone : (514) 482-6665 Fax : (514) 482-8185
- To encourage the exchange of information and experiences between institutions and organizations that work with youth and their respective families in order to improve our understanding of the situation in our community.
- To promote the well-being of youth and youth participation and their families in our community
- To sensitize the community. This includes all partners such as institutions, schools and community organizations who are involved in issues of today’s youth in social, cultural, recreational and health related issues.
- To empower youth by facilitating their involvement in the Table.
- To identify and help fill gaps in the current range of services and resources.
- To support and encourage the development of new initiatives and new collaborations with all stakeholders such as institutions, schools and community organizations offering positive alternatives to traditional programs and service projects.
Jeunes Leaders NDG
12 youth developed their capacity as leaders by participating in the Jeunes Leaders group by being committed and engaged from September 2012 to May 2013. Through their efforts they gathered 125 people at the NDGAMES - a party that was organized to gather the youth of NDG in order to participate in sports and artistic activities (ping pong , Graffiti, flag football).
Youth Street Worker
About 75 youth per week (3300 in one year) were reached out to in the streets, metro stations and parks of NDG. Many young people have benefited from individual support through this street worker.
30 newcomers were paired with a professional mentor related to their field of employment.
This program was developed in collaboration with Jeunes en Santé NDG which aims to expose youth of the borough to sports and healthy lifestyles. The program was offered once a week, but as participation began to exceed the limit of 20 youth per session, a second session was opened.
Training on Youth Sexuality
Organizations within the Youth Table and 6-12 Action Committee requested that training on youth sexuality be offered in order to equip stakeholders and community centers and allow them to respond effectively. The organization Head and hands offered this training.
Association pour le développement jeunesse de Loyola
Black Community Association NDG
Carrefour jeunesse-emploi de NDG
Saint-Raymond Community Center
Comité Jeunesse NDG
NDG Community Council
École Secondaire St-Luc
EMSB English Montreal School Board
Head & Hands/À deux mains
Centres de la jeunesse et de la famille Batshaw
Montreal Wado Ryu Association
Prévention CDN — NDG
Quebec Board of Black Educators
SPVM Poste 11 NDG
Service des sports, des loisirs et développement social, Arrondissement CDN-NDG
Walkley Community Center
Westhaven-Elmurst Community Association
Elected Co-ordination Committee :
Claudine Perreault, Loisirs sportifs CDN-NDG (Elected president of the Youth Table NDG)
Brigid Glustein, Association pour le développement jeunesse de Loyola (Elected president of the 6-12 Action Committee :
Terri Ste. Marie, Prevention CDN-NDG
Simeon Pompey, Comité jeunesse NDG
Hans Heisinger, Carrefour jeunesse-emploi NDG
TABLE OF CONTENTS (updated 2010)
1 – Sports & Recreation
2 – Youth space
3 – Youth employment
4 – Health & Mental health
5 – Shelter & Food
6 – Drugs, Alcohol & Gambling
7 – Legal aid & Youth protection
8 – Gay LGBT
9 – Tutoring & Alternative schooling
10 – Young Parents
11 – Bullying, Gangs & Safety
12 – Environment
13 – Help lines
Created by the Table de concertation jeunesse NDG (2010)