Dear members, This year marks our 80th anniversary of resident initiatives and collective work with community groups across all levels.
The last two years have been a testament to the strength and resilience of this organisation, as we have met new challenges brought on by a pandemic. The council has been a pillar in this community, able to meet the needs of our most vulnerable residents thanks to you, our dedicated members.
We know that everyone reading this has experienced some form of hardship and that the pandemic has made life difficult for many residents. This state of unrest can only be settled through our continued commitment to a better quality of life here and now. This commitment takes on multiple forms, whether it's through the December Together initiative, the Community Connector project or (for organisational members) joining one of our concertation tables/committees and (you guessed it!) by renewing your membership.
If you would like a refresher on what it means to be a member of the council, below is an itemized list of membership benefits. But keep in mind, what you get at the council (membership or not) is a voice. Ultimately, isn't that what we all need right now?
- Vote at the Annual General Meeting;
- Become a member of the Board of the Council, or join one of its committees;
- Organisations have a page on the Council website;
- Organization requests for a letter of support will be prioritized;
- Priority to access a free space in our offices;
- Regular updates to keep you informed, involved, and engaged; and
- Support resident's initiatives.